LIVING JOURNALS

Post Date: 6 de Enero de 2011

I want to share with you all a few quotes I found in relations with tattoos. I love tattoos. I see them as an artistic mean to express what you just cannot say or express in any other way.

Most people are afraid of them or keeps prejudices against them. I became a rebel against those prejudices and trust me, if could, I would get inked my entire body.


"My body is a journal in a way. It's like what sailors used to do, where every tattoo meant something, a specific time in your life when you make a mark on yourself, whether you do it yourself with a knife or with a professional tattoo artist" -Johnny Depp


"Perhaps the person lives by a personal creed or motto that defines them not only as an individual, but also a person who has a particular belief they want to advertise to others"  -Unknown author

"A tattoo is a true poetic creation, and is always more than meets the eye. As a tattoo is grounded on living skin, so its essence emotes a poignancy unique to the mortal human condition"  -V. Vale and Andrea Juno, Modern Primitives

"Beauty is skin deep. A tattoo goes all the way to the bone"  -Vince Hemingson

"Tattooing is about personalizing the body, making it a true home and fit temple for the spirit that dwells inside it. Tattooing therefore, is a way of keeping the spiritual and material needs of my body in balance"  -Michelle Delio

"A genuine tattoo tells a story. I like stories and tattoos, no matter how well done, and if they don't tell a story that involves you emotionally, then they're just there for decoration, then they're not a valid tattoo. There has to be some emotional appeal or they're not, to my way of thinking, a real tattoo. It tells people what you are and what you believe in, so there's no mistakes" -Leo, tattooist, 1993 (quoted in Margo DeMello, Bodies of Inscription, 2000)

Beautiful, aren't they?

Comments

Popular Posts