DON'T FORGET TO BE THE WAY YOU ARE




Well, as you may know, when it comes to get inked, I'm the queen lately. It's an addiction now, a good one. To be honest, I enjoy it. I really love it.

I finally got my IAMX tattoo. Since a long time now, I was thinking about gettin' one of their quotes, one special that means too much for me. The quote that describe "Barbie" in essence... So, I was driving down town and suddenly I ended at my favourite Tattoo Studio and got it yesterday's night.

The quote?  

"Don't fight your reflex, embrace the instinct"

The meaning? I think is quite obvious, isn't it? I do believe every one of us has a ghost.  An alter-ego. Some have  a good one. Others aren't that lucky and have a dark one. That's my case. I've been struggling with my personal demons, with my "I refuse to leave you" ghost, y'know? and I think it will be like this for the rest of my life, 'cause I'm not a common person. Not sayin' I'm a weirdo, no, but not a common human being and I must accept the way I was born and just don't forget to be the way I am. I must embrace myself, with all my flaws, yes.

So, here I am, with four tattoos that pretty much describe my inner soul. I don't regret any of them. I'm in love with all of them and I'm pretty sure it'll be that way until the day I die.

Peace,
Bárbara

Comments

Popular Posts